There are a number of things that I am very good at procrastinating at. Mending really isn't one of them... at least when it comes to my husband's jeans! You see... I am actually an excellent mender. If by definition an excellent mender means that the specific spot mended will never tear again.
It also helps if person wearing my mend jobs appreciates this particular quality of a mend job and doesn't mind wearing the clothing!
So, for laughs, I took pictures yesterday when I busied myself mending 4 pairs of very holey jeans... oh, and I want you to know, that these are clean jeans, fresh from the laundry. Shocking how dirty the construction power line industry is. Oh dear. :)
 |
| Two of the holes needing mended. |
 |
| Yes, I take the easy way... I cut an iron-on patch to fit (carefully, because the whole point is to be frugal and iron-on patches really aren't frugal) and then I attach it to the inside of the jeans. |
 |
| It is not advisable to do this on jeans that have been sprayed with hydraulic fluid.... very smelly & not very kind to your iron. |
 |
| The next thing I do is cut off the extra threads that are always sticking out. |
 |
| Then, I zig-zag the daylights out of the jeans... on the outside of the jeans. |
 |
| My goals are to make sure there is no opportunity to catch on this spot again as well as add several yards of thread. |
 |
| The inside of the jeans where the iron-on patch is. I rarely trim it down to size if I misjudged the size, unless it is really, really over-sized. Jason has never complained about how it feels and I have asked him a couple of times. |
 |
| As always, I have a precious little girl watching. Hmmm, maybe she should go visit Grandma and learn the correct way to sew! Please don't let my terrible sewing habits reflect poorly on my mother... she sure tried to teach me the right ways! :) |
So... if you are putting off the mending pile, I challenge you! Have at it! :)
Linked with:
No comments:
Post a Comment