Friday, September 28, 2012

Unfinished Books, Projects, Habits....

Does anyone else have this characteristic in their lives?
I love to begin non-fiction books ~ rarely do I finish them though! I have 4 (that's right... FOUR) going on right now in Hawaii... yes, those are just the ones that made the cut into the suitcase.
Yarn projects are the same way.... the adorable baby bunting I began last year for "Baby Bear"... still not done & there is no way Kimberly fits it now!
At least the afghan that I am crocheting (conveniently left at home) has the lovely excuse that we don't need it until we get a couch... and happily for my procrastinating self, there is no rush to get one!
This habit, if it can be called that, extends to Scripture reading. When was the last time that I began a study and finished it?
There is a great challenge going on over at The Year of Less to read the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5, 6, & 7) everyday for the month of October. This time I am going to see it through. For 31 days, I will take special care to dig into the Word and see a challenge through to completion.
Care to join me?

Phillipians 1:6 "And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ." (ESV)   How precious it is that as we learn of our own weaknesses, we can see God's strength and have absolute confidence in His work!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Abigail! As per your post...I joke that I developed ADD in my reading life after I had kids!!! I ALWAYS have 3+ books going at one time!!! Many of them I NEVER finish...it bugs me sometimes, but I'm beginning to realize it's just part of this season of mothering small children and the frenetic pace of it all!!! ha!

    By the way, to add to your list of books, you won the Desperate giveaway!!! Could you send me an email (lisa.littlewood@gmail.com) with your address so I can get the book out to you! I'm actually still waiting for it to come from Amazon (it should have been here several days ago) so as soon as I get it I'll stick it in the mail!!!

    ReplyDelete