Saturday, September 1, 2012

New Kitchen, Tiny Kitchen

1 mama, 1 stroller, 1 diaper bag/purse, 1 baby.

Guess that I wasn't blogging too much when we changed campers this past spring to accommodate food and family, but I will fill you in on one of the best my favorite features: the fridge and pantry.
We went from one single camper size fridge/freezer that is perfect for a weekend of camping to a two door fridge/freezer that can hold a week's worth of groceries. Having spare food is a security blanket of sorts for me.
Fast forward 3 months and we were back to California, down to one vehicle and I not only learned how to grocery shop for a week at a time, I embraced it! One trip and the cupboards were loaded: food for meals, snacks, Jason's candy cravings, Kimberly's growing appetite, and my "what-if" fears were settled.
Fly to our present location, where the blues in the ocean are constantly changing in the light, we can hear the roar of waves from our open window, and we have a new food challenge.

Our Fridge:
Our Cooker:


Our total "kitchen":


Ahhh... people do this all the time in big cities! Surely there is a blog on "how to master this", right?! ;)

4 blocks away is an excellent grocery store - stocked with all foods American, Japanese, & touristy. All I have to carry this food is the opening line, plus Jason in the evenings, but with no place to store food, daily or at the least, every other day, grocery trips are necessary.

However, yesterday I turned a corner in the challenge... we finally dined in... eating an excellent American meal... Kraft Mac n' Cheese made in the microwave. With 3 more boxes in reserve for another meal time.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment