Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Cloth Diapering in a Fifth Wheel?


My favorites hanging in the sun.
Yes, it can be done! When I first heard of moms of my generation cloth diapering, I seriously wondered if they lost their minds. Why, why, why would you EVER do something so crazy as that when clearly progress has been made in the diaper world with disposables?!?
Then a friend of mine showed me her daughter's cute cloth diaper... and I started hearing more moms talking about how much cloth diapers have changed from the old rubber pants that I had in my mind. Next, as if the cuteness of the diapers hadn't already won me over, I read about the toxins in the disposables. (Yes, we all survived disposables, but I am funny in that way, once I read about something being so horrible, it is really hard for me to forget the horror...with the exception of articles that speak horrors of dairy. I can easily ignore that.) The final news that sealed the deal was the cost savings.
Does the laundry bother me? Nope! I love my Maytag Neptune! ... that is at home. Is packing dirty diapers to the laundromat as bad as it sounds? Not really.
Am I totally loving hanging them up to dry and sun bleach? Well, you be the judge!



Sun bleaching diapers, brewing sun tea, sunning a Basil plant... welcome to our home!

3 comments:

  1. I love the last picture! You're right about the extra "hassle;" it's not that bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hannah! Having no skill at photography, it's nice when I luck out and get a fun picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You, my dear, have a real gift - as a writer and a mom, oh yes and a homemaker!

    ReplyDelete