Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Kalispell, Sweet Kalispell

We made it safe and sound to Kalispell on Sunday morning. Kimberly was incredibly sweet for the flights. She screamed through security (who can blame her on that) and I kept wiping my very wet face. I must say that I as extremely impressed with the kindness of strangers! They helped me get my things into the bins for screening & the one man helped me put things back into the suitcase & diaper bag... very kind. The whole time they were probably praying that we wouldn't be on THEIR flight!!
For Kimberly, eating & sleeping did the trick for her ears and the air pressure changes.
We sat next to a man in the marines who told me about his experience flying with his daughter... She got sick, puked on him, and his wife has a delicate stomach & went to another part of the plane to sit...leaving him snuggling sick baby & smelling "indelicate". Nice to know that sitting next to us didn't bother him, sure made me feel better.
I absolutely love flying into Kalispell. As soon as we began the descent, the plane got noisy with chatter as people were peering out of the windows and excitedly talking about "oh there's the cherry orchards!" and "oh, it must be windy today, there are whitecaps on the lake!" and "there's So & So's house!". I wonder if tourists notice that as they fly in. There is no better place to live than the Flathead.
Grandpa Ed is staying with us for a bit as he heals up from surgery. Kimberly has enjoyed chattering with him, and it appears that he is enjoying it every bit as much (or maybe more?).
Teething is in full swing... she is chewing her poor fingers, drooling like crazy, irritable, etc. Makes this mama very thankful for delicious Colter Coffee, not just in the morning, but all day!
What worked for you in the teething department?

8 comments:

  1. Ms. Abigail, how very wonderful it is to follow you and the family on your blog. I love it all... even the font you are using. You are a good writer and a great mom. PS: I agree that Kalispell is wonderful. Expecially when the sun shines on those snowy peaks. BTW, sometimes the things you write make me teary-eyed. Very, very nice to keep in touch with you this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE reading your blog, Abigail! And your little girl is just precious! I hope you squeeze her just for me every now and again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! She loves the hugs from you! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, I still miss that beautiful place.
    Fun to follow along with you on your blog--Kimberly has grown so much and is a little doll. Hi & hugs to Uncle Ed, too! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to meet you! Check out the incredibley CUTE blanket in the latest post... thank you so much! What a fun package to open when we got home.

      Delete
  4. So far Sean likes to teeth on a cold wash cloth, the rim of his snack tray, or even the arm of the office chair! I've got to make sure they are clean! One trick I've started using is letting him gnaw an apple. I'll refrigerate an apple, and usually when I've taken a few bites, I'll let him try chewing a corner (sorry if that sounds gross). He doesn't really ingest any juice, but I can tell he likes the surface taste and that nice, chilled feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being mommy has gross built in. Chewed apples is minor! :) I wonder if 3 months is too early to start the apples?

    ReplyDelete