Friday, March 23, 2012

Thankfully Together

Psalm 100
A Psalm for giving thanks.
1 Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth!
2 Serve the Lord with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!

3 Know that the Lord, he is God!
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!

5 For the Lord is good;
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations.
~esv

How to summarize this past week? Psalm 100. Everywhere that I look is another reason to give thanks & praise God...  
Tim & Elizabeth with Kimberly
As nice as it was to visit with family & friends in Kalispell, it was with joy that I boarded the plane to begin the next chapter of my life... the chapter where I learn how to be a focused wife & mother. It would probably amuse several of you to know how many times I have already had to refocus my mind to focus on Kimberly rather than the tasks that can wait. Dishes, laundry, meals really can wait while I hold Kimberly and talk, sing, & snuggle with her. Has anyone else had that kind of a transition from a career to home? My completely project orientated mind comes screeching to a halt as I refocus on the moments & needs of my family. Not saying that those tasks aren't very important, because they are, but I easily could find myself so focused on the tasks that I miss the very reason Jason & I feel it is important for me to be home.
Reading The Happy Man & His Dump Truck
Kimberly was a gem on the flights... it is amazing how complete strangers melt at the sight of a baby's big grin! or how they help out the mother juggling suitcases & baby. Thank you!!
Ready for take-off!

On Monday, the freeway was shut down due to snow *funny* and we got an extra day with Jason home from work. How wonderful it is to enjoy the morning's coffee together!

Wool Shorties at Rainbow Waters
Yesterday Kimberly & I visited Rainbow Waters, a children's clothing company that we have had on our drool/wishlist since the early days of deciding to cloth diaper. Kimberly tried on a super cute Ladybug diaper, woolie shorties & we placed an order for a woolie skirtie!

Today: Sun Tea is on the agenda, along with plenty of play time. :)



"But if we take a walk I might fall asleep!"

No comments:

Post a Comment